For an alphabetical index of all posts, without having to navigate by date through archives, scroll down.
Optimistic Despite it All is my journey back from “rock bottom” to a happy, healthy life. It is also where I keep my blog, the PozLawyer Blog, in which I write about topics of current interest. It is not a blog about myself, but rather topics which affect everyone as a whole, especially those who are HIV+ or suffer from mental illness.
For me, “rock bottom” was where I landed after being an A-student, and then a successful attorney in BigLaw, to my subsequent spiral into drinking, gambling, over-sexing, all with negative consequences including an eventual HIV+ diagnosis. I have spent several years rebuilding my life, building a marriage, and now, managing a new diagnosis of Bipolar disorder.
I owe a hat tip to others, especially the folks at Above The Law, for finding my story and this project to be worth mentioning on their legal blog. Links to content that got this project where it is are here:
- The original Ask Me Anything from Reddit begun July 23, 2017
- Above The Law’s Quote of the Day from July 24, 2017
- My Twitter Feed @PozLawyer started on September 15, 2017
- My “Hello World” first Tweet on September 15, 2017
- Referenced in Above The Law’s Non-Sequiturs on September 22, 2017
Index of all blog posts
- An Aside: Partisan Bias Versus Journalistic Quality
- Bipolar Disorder and FMLA: A Delicate Balancing Act
- BREAKING: White House Still Refuses to Call Las Vegas Shooting Terrorism
- CDC (finally) admits that undetectable means uninfectious for HIV+ patients
- Clinical Psychiatrists: As They Opt Out of Insurance, You Must Assemble a Treatment Team
- Copay Coupons and Deductibles: Is Litigation a Possibility?
- Dungeons & Dragons: How This RPG Classic Helped Lift a Depressive Episode
- Let’s tweet about gun control, since we can’t seem to talk about it
- My Prediction: Calm before the Storm means War with North Korea
- Obamacare to Survive: Sen. Susan Collins of Maine to Oppose Repeal of Obamacare
- Open Enrollment: HIV Patients Should Strongly Consider High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP)
- President Trump Decertified the Iran Nuclear Agreement
- President Trump Supported Alexander-Murray Bipartisan Deal before Trashing It
- President Trump’s Executive Order on Obamacare Does Not Do Much (yet)
- Researching Before Writing My Memoir(?)
- The Case for High Deductible Health Plans for HIV+ patients
- The Las Vegas Shooting Was Terrorism Under Nevada Law.
- Therapeutic Video Games Exist, and You Are Already Playing Some